Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My FAVORITE restaurant....


Clay's aunt Gail (you might recognize her from Dateline a couple of months ago) is in town for the holidays.  She wanted to go to "a Japanese steakhouse where they cook the food in front of you."  Clay and I LOVE Shoguns.  We use to go there more frequently before we got married.  Now that we are grown up we don't like to spend the money, since it is expensive, except for a special occasion.  Gail took us, Clay's parents, Clay's brother and his girlfriend last night and it was a rare treat!!  (Which just reminded me, I am starving and I have leftovers in the fridge.  YEAH!)  
Gail and Connie (Clay's mom)
Me and my sister-in-law Jessica - She is technically Clay's brothers girlfriend but they have been dating forever and he better marry her.  She is my sister-in-law, Annika will agree.  

Clay, me, and Cooper
The famous flaming volcano made out of an onion....
Connie trying to catch the rice.  It hit her in the head.  I timed this picture perfectly!!
Our mexican chef L.B. at the Japanese steakhouse.  He was hilarious!  It was his birthday....
Cole couldn't use the chopsticks so he decided to make a teepee out of them instead....
He said he learned this trick by watching "Survivorman"

Ok this story is so funny and embarassing that I had to share it.  Yesterday Clay joked around about how he was going to put some dirty water in a chair before I sit down to make me think that my water broke.  Disgusting I know....  So we started talking about my water breaking and how embarrassed i am going to be if it happens in public.  Well last night I was sitting and watching L.B. and I had my hands in my lap.  All of a sudden I starting feeling warm liquid on my hands and completely freaked out!!  Don't worry, it wasn't my water breaking.  I had spilt sauce at the top of my plate and I cleaned it up but I guess some leaked underneath and that is what was running on my hands.  Of course everyone got a kick out of it!  

Well I am finished Christmas shopping as of this morning.  I need to get to baking now.  We start Christmas after church tonight with Clay's immediate family, leave early tomorrow to spend Christmas Eve at my grandma Janes, stay the night with my mom, have Christmas Thursday morning with my mom, brother, and Marlee, spend an hour or so with my Grandpa, then head back to MWC for Christmas lunch with Clay's family.  Let the holidays begin.  Merry Christmas to all!

0 comments: