Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Home Sweet Home....

We got home from the hospital yesterday.  We are glad to be home!!  Mercy hospital and the nurses were great, but there is nothing like the comfort of your own home.  Saturday and Sunday nights at the hospital were pretty rough and we did not get much sleep.  Last night he was still up every 2-3 hours but he would at least sleep for that long at a time.  Who knew I would be so excited about getting 3 hours straight!  We are learning  more about his habits and figuring out how to make it easier on all of us.  Overall he is a great baby!  He is a very good eater and made the art of breastfeeding easy.  He sleeps better during the day than at night.  But isn't that they definition of a newborn?  It is a good thing he is cute because that is what keeps me going at the wee hours of the night.  I could just sit and stare at him forever!  He is such a miracle and an adorable one at that!  I knew I would love him but I had no idea it would be this much!

A few pics from the hospital.....



waiting to go home.....


In the car seat....


Dad checking to make sure we are ready....
Outfit for home....


I snapped a few pictures with my camera while the hospital photographer was taking his pictures.

My precious baby  boy.....
The hospital photographer took some sweet pictures.  Click here to see them on the hospital website.  We could not resist purchasing some even though we have a newborn photo session set up with a photographer next weekend.  After all he is only a newborn once!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

He is very cute. I wish that Luke and I could be there to cuddle with him. I thought that I would share a little advice - Try not to time Cooper's feeds, everyone is different. I know that this is hard at night time however it will make things better. Your body will get used to the little sleep and do what it needs to cope. Don't worry about getting into a routine because it does not work and all that happens is that you get very stressed (believe me, I know). Well enough advice. Just enjoy the moments with him because soon he will be running around.

Anonymous said...

Micaiah reversed the nights and days at first too. He worked it out after about a week and started going every 4 hours at night. Enjoy cuddling him! He is precious.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!!! I'm glad you're doing what you want to, and Cooper is getting the best. You and Clay are doing just fine.

He wears blue excellently.

And this will all end soon. :(

SB said...

I love the picture of him all curled up on the brown blanket--so sweet.
Abi's sleeping habits were exactly the same. It does get better though!

Kara Scharrer said...

Cooper is soooo cute! I love his little chubby cheeks. It's so fun to have baby boys at the same time (and to hear that I'm not the only one going against the experts!). Skogen had his days and nights mixed up for the first week. I tried to keep him up a lot during the day by implementing a schedule-type of thing... after he wakes I feed him, then keep him awake, then put him down to sleep... then at night I make sure to just feed him (and change his diaper if needed) and then put him into bed without doing the whole awake thing. It seemed to work for him. I got in the bad habbit of feeding Maida to sleep when she was a baby for all naps and bedtime and that was super hard to break when I was ready to be done nursing, so I haven't wanted to do that this time around (thank goodness for the pacifier!). Anyway, good luck! I can relate to the sleep deprivation right now - hang in there and post new pictures whenever you can! :)