Last Thursday I got a flu shot for the first time. I had debated on whether or not to get one but my OB insisted since I am due during prime flu season. I have always been worried about getting sick. On Friday we left with our youth group for our fall retreat. Yesterday I rode back early with one of Clay's friends b/c we had to get a girl back for cheer competition. I had eaten a big breakfast at 10 and we left about 10:30. I had a headache so I had taken a pain pill (which makes me feel woozy) and we were driving down a really bumpy and curvy road for 10 minutes so my stomach started doing flip flops. I decided I should then take a Dramamine in order to make it in the car for the next 2 hours. Well after about an hour I lost my breakfast. I was so embarassed! After the fact my stomach felt better and I thought it had to do with the medicine, the car ride, etc. However, when I got home I was really nauseous. I ended up sleeping the majority of the day yesterday. I tried eating twice and it would upset my stomach enough not to eat again. I thought I would feel better this morning so I got up and went to work. I was planning on taking a half day and leaving for the afternoon b/c I don't want to waste my days before the baby comes. One of my wonderful co-workers that co-teaches with me 1st hour said she would take over and then bring her 4 2nd hour students to my class so I could go ahead and leave and only take a half day. I am still really nauseous today. I have had a little bit of soup but i always feel bad after eating. I really haven't had a good meal since breakfast yesterday, which makes me nervous that the baby isn't getting nutrients. I have been drinking water though. Yesterday I was having hot/cold chills. I thought it was all b/c of the medicine yesterday but I don't think that would last this long. And I don't think it would take this long for the flu shot to give me a reaction. Who knows, maybe I just caught something. Either way I am down and out. I hope I'm better tomorrow because I HAVE to be at school.
Chase, ICE and Politics in America
6 months ago
3 comments:
Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself and that baby.
I don't think it's a reaction. Honestly that is how I felt about every day of my pregnancy whenever I ate anything; sometimes just drinking water made me throw up.
:( Try sucking on Preggie Pops or the hard candies that they make (you can find them at Motherhood Maternity). Those were LIFESAVERS. I couldn't have made it thru 9 months (twice) without them. I hope you get to feeling better!!
I think the only reaction they warn you about and that I have experienced was a bit of tenderness and swelling at the shot site.
Get some rest!! ((HUGS))
Yes, it definitely is not a reaction to the flu shot. It could be a virus or just pregnancy. There's nothing to do, but wait it out & make sure you don't have a fever. Try to eat what you can, but stick to the BRATY diet...bananas, rice, applesaue, toast, & yogurt, just things that are bland & easy to digest. The baby will be fine. He gets the first of whatever you put in, you get the leftovers!! :)
Post a Comment