Monday, November 17, 2008

Nobody does it like Sara Lee.....

Or is it "nobody doesn't like Sara Lee?"  I've always wondered that......

I have had my first real pregnancy craving the past few days.  I say "real" because it is the first time I have just wanted something so bad I had to find it.  I have looked at Crest for Sarah Lee's pecan coffee cake but I could not find it.  My mom use to buy it for us and we would eat it for breakfast.  I searched the breakfast frozen foods section and I could not find it.  Today I ran into Buy For Less to grab a bag of pasta for dinner. I passed by the frozen food section on my way to the register.  Amazingly enough, I saw the coffee cake with the frozen pies and cakes!!  

Clay laughed at me because he said "of course it would be with the desserts it's a cake!"  Well it only made sense to me that since I ate it for breakfast it would be in the breakfast section.  So what does that say about my mom giving it to us for breakfast?  Hmmmm..........   Anyway, I paid $5 for a box with 6 slices.  That should tell you how bad I wanted it.  I hope this craving thing doesn't keep up for the next 2 months.  If so I will be fat and broke!  

2 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

I'm glad you found it!!! And ya know, I always thought it was "doesn't like", but then my hubby told me it was "does it like"...so who knows! lol

SB said...

That's so funny! With Abi, I craved Braum's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. After she was born, I couldn't stand peanut butter for quite some time. Thankfully, when I was pregnant with Holt, my craving was a lot less fattening--it was watermelon!